Due to the pandemic, the past two years of SARRC’s Annual Community Breakfast were transformed into virtual events. However, for 2022, we finally were able to celebrate in person as a community! SARRC held its Annual Community Breakfast on Thursday, April 14, 2022, at the Arizona Biltmore Resort! The event was themed “Better Together” and featured personal stories from families, clients, and community leaders.
The extra special program was a celebration of 25 years of dedicated service and impact:
- We got to hear from Sergio and how his time at SARRC influenced his skills to become a Boy Scout.
- We heard from Community Breakfast co-chairs, Pearl and Mac Esau as well as Jena and Charlie Markle, about the meaning behind this year’s theme and why we are all truly Better Together.
- We witnessed SARRC’s programs and training at work with real-life examples and client stories from Chief Science Officer, Christopher Smith, Ph.D. and Director of Clinical Services, Rachel Anderson, M.A., BCBA.
- We applauded stories from clients Bre Hanrahan and Cameron Nelson about their journeys at SARRC, to which Cameron received a standing ovation after his moving speech.
- We were inspired by SARRC President and CEO, Daniel Openden, about our 25 years of service and how communities can find hope from friendships built at SARRC.
Whether guests attended in person or virtually, we celebrated 25 wonderful years of service as one unified community with bright hopes of what the future looks like.
Funds raised during the Annual Breakfast support SARRC’s mission to advance research and provide a lifetime of support for individuals with autism and their families.
Consider making an online, tax-deductible gift to SARRC, which will help us continue to provide the necessary supports to the children, teens, and adults we serve.
If you have questions regarding a program, service or research project, connect with our Family Resource Team at 602.606.9806 or contact us online.