PEERS for Adolescents (ages 13-18)
This evidence-based social skills program is designed for families with middle and high school teens interested in making and keeping friends. Teens and parents will attend weekly group sessions. Teens will learn through instruction, role-play with coaching, and group-based activities. Parents will attend a parent-group session that complements and directly supports their teen’s learning.
Participants can look forward to:
- Using appropriate conversational skills
- Using humor appropriately
- Using electronic communication
- Entering and exiting conversations
- Being a good host during get-togethers
- Being a good sport
- Handling arguments and disagreements
- Changing a bad reputation
- Handling rumors and gossip
- Handling rejection, teasing and bullying
2024 Schedule Information
Sessions occur every Tuesday from 4:00-5:30 p.m. at SARRC’s Campus: 2225 N. 16th Street, Phoenix.
- March 5 – June 4
- August 13 – November 12
- Private Pay
Teen Peer Mentor Volunteer Opportunity
Diversity adds to the program, and we invite peers to participate. Peers will be enrolled in the program and commit to the weekly sessions. We seek peers who value and want to practice teamwork, respect, collaboration, and learning.