PEERS for Adolescents (ages 13-18)
This evidence-based social skills program is designed for families with middle and high school teens interested in making and keeping friends. Teens and parents will attend weekly group sessions. Teens will learn through instruction, role-play with coaching, and group-based activities. Parents will attend a parent-group session that complements and directly supports their teen’s learning.
Participants can look forward to:
- Using appropriate conversational skills
- Using humor appropriately
- Using electronic communication
- Entering and exiting conversations
- Being a good host during get-togethers
- Being a good sport
- Handling arguments and disagreements
- Changing a bad reputation
- Handling rumors and gossip
- Handling rejection, teasing and bullying
Schedule & Location
August 15 – November 14, 2023
Tuesdays from 4:00 – 5:30 p.m.
SARRC’s 16th St. Campus: 2225 N. 16th Street Phoenix AZ 85006
- Private Pay
For more information on program dates or to register, please contact our Family Resource Team today at 602.606.9806 or online at inquiry.autismcenter.org.
Teen Peer Mentor Volunteer Opportunity
Diversity adds to the program, and we invite peers to participate. Peers will be enrolled in the program and commit to the weekly sessions. We seek peers who value and want to practice teamwork, respect, collaboration, and learning.