Due to the coronavirus pandemic, we may need to shift Sibshops events to an online format, please see event details on the registration page for more information.
SIBSHOPS: A SPACE FOR SIBLINGS (AGES 7-13)
The Sibshops model provides an avenue for siblings to form a community and share experiences that could lead to a positive impact. Siblings will share many of the same concerns that parents experience but have a unique perspective. Sibshops are pedal-to-the-metal events where participants will meet other sibs (usually for the first time), have fun, laugh, talk about the good and not-so-good parts of having a sib with special needs, play some great games, learn something about the services their brothers and sister receive and have some more fun. Trained SARRC clinicians will run the Sibshops sessions to help support long-lasting sibling relationships.
Sibshops at SARRC is offered to sibs between ages 7 and 13. Please note that space is limited.
SARRC’s Sybil B. Harrington Campus for Exceptional Children
300 N 18th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85006
About Sibshops at SARRC
- Trained SARRC clinicians will run the Sibshops sessions to help support long-lasting sibling relationships.
- Who can attend? Sibshops at SARRC are offered to sibs of individuals with autism in the 7-13-year-old age range.
- What happens at a Sibshop? Fun! Sibshops have between 8-10 activities that include physical games, opportunities for group discussions, crafts, and dinner!
- Do I need to stay? Parents are welcome to stay in our lobby or drop off and pick up. At check-in, we will require that all parents sign a short information sheet and release for their child or that we have a release on file for you.
- Have more questions or need more information before registering? Contact our Family Services team at 602.606.9806