The information and guidance regarding the COVID-19 virus have been changing daily—even hourly—leaving us uncertain of what’s to come. However, we have been busy ensuring we can continue to serve our mission while keeping our team members, clients, and families safe. As we navigate the current environment, we have two major priorities that have driven our decision making:
- To maximize the continuity of care and delivery of medically necessary services for our clients.
- To support the public health strategy of “flattening the curve” by looking for ways to enhance social distancing, thereby reducing the spread of disease.
Will SARRC Remain Open?
Yes, SARRC and all of its physical locations will be open, and we remain committed to delivering our medically necessary services in a temporary in-home or telemedicine format for the clients we serve, as well as new or prospective clients.
SARRC’s Community School campuses are closed until further notice, but we will be providing home-based 1:1 service for our students with autism, ensuring that treatment goes uninterrupted.
How Will Services Be Affected?
In order to reduce the spread of the virus, we are making a shift for all of our programs to a 1:1 format and limiting the number of therapists working with a client. All of our programs include some delivery of telemedicine for supervision and parent training. Additionally, we've taken measures so teen and adult clients, as applicable, are receiving telemedicine direct therapy as well. If you have a question regarding a listed program or service, please contact SARRC at 602.340.8717.
These temporary shifts in service include the following programs:
Telemedicine format effective until further notice:
- 12 or 6 Week Parent Training Program (currently enrolling)
- JumpStart (currently enrolling)
- Second Gear (currently enrolling)
- Free Online Family Orientation (registration open)
- Diagnostic Services (waitlist forming)
Moving to an in-home format until further notice:
- Comprehensive Behavioral Program
- Community School
- Transition Academy
- Individualized Services
- Employment Services
Postponed or Canceled:
- Grandparents March, April, and May meetings (canceled)
- Annual Community Breakfast (postponed)
- SARRC educational events and trainings (postponed or canceled)
- All third party events and tours (postponed or canceled)
What Sanitary Measures Are We Taking?
We have been implementing several preventative measures on our campuses, including mandatory handwashing by all team members and visitors; daily janitorial cleaning service, who are using Purell deep cleaning products; sanitizing all door handles, tabletops, countertops, and common areas. Additionally, staff working in homes are washing their hands frequently, using hand sanitizer, and wearing masks as appropriate.
Have any SARRC team members or clients been diagnosed with COVID-19?
No. To our knowledge, no SARRC team member, client, or family member has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
We will do our best to update the SARRC community as more information comes available. In the meantime, if you have questions regarding a SARRC program, service, including enrollment, research and event activities, please contact our mainline at 602.340.8717.
[Updated on 4.8.2020]