This workshop will help you better understand government benefits and techniques to ensure a lifetime of eligibility for your loved one with special needs and the legal tools utilized to make sure they are protected. In addition, you’ll learn how to establish current and future financial needs incorporating their recreation, employment & residential needs.
Special Needs Planning Symposium
Date: Wednesday, Oct. 12, 2022
Time: 5-7 p.m.
Location: SARRC 18th Street Phoenix Campus: 300 N 18th St., Phoenix, AZ 85006
- Emily Kile, Attorney, Kile Law Firm, PLLC
- Kelly Krall, Attorney, Dyer, Bregman, Ferris, PLLC
- Charlotte Johnson, Attorney, Elder Law of Arizona
- Karen Starbowski, Specialcare Planner, CLU ChSNC, MassMutual Arizona
- 4:30 - 5:10 p.m. Registration/Welcome to SARRC
- 5:10 – 5:30 p.m. Emily Kile, Legal Tools
- 5:30 – 5:50 p.m. Kelly Kral, Guardianship
- 5:50 – 6:00 p.m. – Break
- 6:00 – 6:20 p.m. Karen Starbowski, Financial & Life Care Planning
- 6:20-6:40 p.m. –Charlotte Johnson, Government Benefits
- 6:40-7:00 p.m. Speakers Panel/Q & A
hat you will learn:
Legal Tools: Gain a basic understanding of Special Needs Trusts and ABLE accounts.
Emily Kile, Attorney, Kile Law Firm, P.L.L.C.
Guardianship: Gain a basic understanding of guardianship.
Kelly Kral, Dyer, Bregman & Ferris, P.L.L.C
Budget and Financial Planning: Establishes current and future anticipated monthly budgetary needs of the person with special needs. Incorporates recreation, employment and residential needs and identifies funding resources and considers the long-term effects of inflation.
Karen Starbowski, CLU, ChSNC, Special Needs Planner MassMutual, Arizona
Government Benefits: Understand government benefits & techniques to ensure a lifetime of eligibility.
Charlotte Johnson, Elder Law of Arizona